GoneDragRacing.com

Top Notch Drag Racing Event Coverage Across the Northeast

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HES BACK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:58 am 
Renting Helmet

Dissapointed it took so long yet pleased to see this man back in the game.

Went to a local dragstrip just to catch up on things in Columbus, Ohio and had the privelige of speaking to some of the "older" generation racers. In our conversations throughout the afternoon, a well known driver /team from the late 80's thru mid 90's whom dominated the tri-state area came up..Chris Collins..(CCR RACING) WOW hadnot heard that name in yrs, I had been told he dropped off the planet after loosing 3 of his major sponsors due to a conflict of interest with helping another team in the finals at an NHRA event..I have to say his attitude and in your face racing style was always a favorite of mine to watch. As i found out from respected fellow racers Charlie Carpender, and Gordy Foust, Mr Collins now resides in Florida and is currently involved heavily in the streetracing scene as an "Advisor" to many upcoming engine builders and young inspiring racers, and has slowly found his way back to the strip from time to time. This Intrested me to find out more and try to get intouch with the man if possible. Only beccause I hold such respect for what he and his team did in the beginning with the nitrous cars from that era, as well as the horrible reason he lost his sponsorship, what a waste of tallent I thought. I remember meeting him at dragway 42 in west salem back in the late 80's while promoting his 9.0 big block nova gear jammer nitrous fed of course but if i remember right they drove the car there and drove it home after clipping off some mid 9 times which in that time was incredibly fast for a street driven car.. and again in kalamazoo Michigan at a super chevy event again when he was on tour running the super chevy circut with his nova. Would be courious whom here can remember or may have seen his team around the tri-state area as well.

After doing some searching and calling in some favors from local media, I have found him, contacted him and much to my suprise he e-mailed me back and has agreed to contact me via phone and update me on all that has been going on ..looking forward to talking with him and seeing how life has been going for one of my favorites!
Street Scene, INC

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail