GoneDragRacing.com

Top Notch Drag Racing Event Coverage Across the Northeast

It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:13 am 
Quarter mile

Welcome aboard, nice 350 BTW

Proud Supporter of GoneDragRacing.com

Web Friend bbphotondesign.com

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:30 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:30 am 
60ft

I posted up in the On and On but I'm Brenda and a noob here. I have a stock 90 LX 5.0 Hatch AOD, 188k on body, 38 k on tranny and rebuilt engine, that has become my project drag. The only modifications I've done is: bumped timing to 14, 4.10's, upr cold air intake, skinnies on front, mt dr's out back. Now when I first got the fox I was going to restore or customize. So I swapped out all the grey interior to black. I like it much better that way. Then I said, forget the "show" look, let it just be a track fox sooooooo here I am. Here's my best overall time so far:

I have gotten my R/T alot better since then but that is my fastest 1/4 mile thus far.

Yeah, I know. Not too good but I'm learning. This is my first season ever on a track so kudo's for me right! :D

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:33 am 
Quarter mile

WELCOME BRENDA AND GOOD LUCK. YOULL GET THE CAR WHERE YOU WANT IT TO BE, IT JUST TAKES TIME. AND DEF KUDOS!

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:05 am 
Quarter mile

don't worry about the et , that just comes with time and money :rolleyes:
anyone can open thier wallet and build a fast car ,-work on the reaction time and consistentcy , learn to play the top end and go rounds , thats where the fun is .
its so great takin out the fast cars with a stock ride .
congrats , ain't nothin hotter then women hot rodders !

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:15 am 
60ft

Thanks! I've been told I need to get into bracket racing because my times times are pretty consistent. Maybe next year I'll toy with that. This year, I want my R/T down and my better my 60' s. Thanks for the encouragement! It's greatly appreciated. I think I might really enjoy my stay here! Image

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 am 
Quarter mile

Welcome to GDR

Proud Supporter of GoneDragRacing.com

Web Friend bbphotondesign.com

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:16 pm 
Pimp Status

FoxxyFiveO wrote:
I posted up in the On and On but I'm Brenda and a noob here. I have a stock 90 LX 5.0 Hatch AOD, 188k on body, 38 k on tranny and rebuilt engine, that has become my project drag. The only modifications I've done is: bumped timing to 14, 4.10's, upr cold air intake, skinnies on front, mt dr's out back. Now when I first got the fox I was going to restore or customize. So I swapped out all the grey interior to black. I like it much better that way. Then I said, forget the "show" look, let it just be a track fox sooooooo here I am. Here's my best overall time so far:

I have gotten my R/T alot better since then but that is my fastest 1/4 mile thus far.

Yeah, I know. Not too good but I'm learning. This is my first season ever on a track so kudo's for me right! :D

Welcome Brenda. Your times are on the fast side actually considering its an AOD, so congrats!

I suggest you get acquainted with the other ladies (use the term loosely) up in the On and On and On post in general chat. Thank you for joining.

KOP prove me wrong :)

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:54 am 
Quarter mile

your behind mike she's already been chatting with us girls for a while now ;)

;)

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:34 pm 
Renting Helmet

nice site found this place after tryin to find the old ltr nice site mike keep up the good work

Post details Warn user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:49 pm 
60ft

mike wrote:
FoxxyFiveO wrote:

Welcome Brenda. Your times are on the fast side actually considering its an AOD, so congrats!

I suggest you get acquainted with the other ladies (use the term loosely) up in the On and On and On post in general chat. Thank you for joining.

Thanks Mike. Kelly's right. I've been chatting with the gals and the guys. AND I actually beat that time on 9/17. Best ET now is 14.293. I'm getting ready to bust into 13's at SSOTN Nationals...or at least I hope I do...still stock!! Thanks for the welcome! :D :cheers:

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:33 pm 
Renting Helmet

Hi. I hope you don’t mind someone from England joining in on the forum! In real life my name isn’t Shakespeare otherwise I would be a millionaire by now, but the track that I work at as a Track Manager and Promotions Manager just happens to be situated just six miles out from the great play writes home – Shakespeare County Raceway.

In operation since 1973 and formerly known as Long Marston International Raceway & Avon Park Raceway, SCR is the second home to Santa Pod and York Dragway for Sportsman drag racing.

Although we don’t tend to run the real top class nitro cars of the FIA European touring category, the track runs two UK National Points events, domestic points series as well as a bunch of nostalgia shows and what we call lifestyle weekends. Proving very popular at the moment are our Public Track Day programmes which incorporate our Pro Street Drag Series points events for Import cars as well as single day races for Fords, Jaguars and a variety of club cars and motorcycles.

I have been following drag racing since the early sixties when my dad took me to see Garlits and Ivo square off against each other at the famous Drag Festivals. Dad also raced a long and successful line of dragsters and four pot doorslammers. I got more involved writing and editing race reports and features for magazines over here as well as track announcing at all three UK race tracks as well as two stock car tracks local to me.

I arrived at you forum door from the Lebanon Valley Dragway web site. Had a look around, liked what I saw and here I am. In actual fact a group of us from SCR including my partner Julie are coming over to the US on December 26th to see in the New Year in New York at Times Square. We’re also hoping to arrange a meeting with the guys at Lebanon Valley as we view both tracks having very similar characteristics especially with their Portatree Connections. The visit is more of a field exercise to see how the operation is run and hopefully twin Lebanon Valley Dragway with Shakespeare County Raceway.

I hoping that the administrators and moderators of this forum will accept me as a member in a view to posting regular info of what’s happening on the Sportsman scene here at SCR as well as photos photos, videos an event dates just in case some of you wish to participate in this great sport of our in the UK. So with that done, I’ll sign off and tune back real soon. Good day to you all. If you want to check us out stop by http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 am 
Pimp Status

Welcome :) I was just over in Milton Keynes for 10 days for business, didn't get to check out the UK drag racing scene though :(

GoneDragRacing.com Gallery

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 pm 
Pimp Status

Shakespeare wrote:
Hi. I hope you don’t mind someone from England joining in on the forum! In real life my name isn’t Shakespeare otherwise I would be a millionaire by now, but the track that I work at as a Track Manager and Promotions Manager just happens to be situated just six miles out from the great play writes home – Shakespeare County Raceway.

In operation since 1973 and formerly known as Long Marston International Raceway & Avon Park Raceway, SCR is the second home to Santa Pod and York Dragway for Sportsman drag racing.

Although we don’t tend to run the real top class nitro cars of the FIA European touring category, the track runs two UK National Points events, domestic points series as well as a bunch of nostalgia shows and what we call lifestyle weekends. Proving very popular at the moment are our Public Track Day programmes which incorporate our Pro Street Drag Series points events for Import cars as well as single day races for Fords, Jaguars and a variety of club cars and motorcycles.

I have been following drag racing since the early sixties when my dad took me to see Garlits and Ivo square off against each other at the famous Drag Festivals. Dad also raced a long and successful line of dragsters and four pot doorslammers. I got more involved writing and editing race reports and features for magazines over here as well as track announcing at all three UK race tracks as well as two stock car tracks local to me.

I arrived at you forum door from the Lebanon Valley Dragway web site. Had a look around, liked what I saw and here I am. In actual fact a group of us from SCR including my partner Julie are coming over to the US on December 26th to see in the New Year in New York at Times Square. We’re also hoping to arrange a meeting with the guys at Lebanon Valley as we view both tracks having very similar characteristics especially with their Portatree Connections. The visit is more of a field exercise to see how the operation is run and hopefully twin Lebanon Valley Dragway with Shakespeare County Raceway.

I hoping that the administrators and moderators of this forum will accept me as a member in a view to posting regular info of what’s happening on the Sportsman scene here at SCR as well as photos photos, videos an event dates just in case some of you wish to participate in this great sport of our in the UK. So with that done, I’ll sign off and tune back real soon. Good day to you all. If you want to check us out stop by http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk.

Welcome!!

KOP prove me wrong :)

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:35 pm 
Renting Helmet

Sorry I missed the newbie thread the first time. In the middle of a 275 dr nitrous car 85 ta. Hopefully done this summer. 18 degree sbc one fogger one plate.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:23 am 
Renting Helmet

Hi I'm a "Noob" Here! I Posted up info on My Ride in the Other Section!!
Name's Jennifer, I'm from Monroe Twp, NJ & Have a Recently Blown 92 GT

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:01 pm 
Eigth mile

Firechick7423 wrote:
Hi I'm a "Noob" Here! I Posted up info on My Ride in the Other Section!!
Name's Jennifer, I'm from Monroe Twp, NJ & Have a Recently Blown 92 GT

Welcome to the site Jennifer! Nice car! I see you mentioned in your other post you'll be at e-town this Friday. We'll be there as well. Hope to meet you!

Competitive Wiring
Finelines Autobody
K & S Race Cars

http://www.sistersinspeed.com/ali.html
8.38 @ 161 mph. 1.20 60 ft.
Rest in Peace Susan Verzilli
Rest in Peace "Big Mike" Conway

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:08 am 
Renting Helmet

I'm not really new to the site but I forgot my old username and haven't been on in some time. I see you doin your thing girl at the track in the 8.50 class in my fav car (GN). I watch you race often, you are doin it!! keep it up!

I drive a c6 vette, right now running in the 11.50 class. My short term goal for the season was to get my 9.99 license. As for long term, I could see myself in an 8.50 car someday, but it seems that day is farrrrrrrrrr away.

nice to meet everyone~!

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 am 
Eigth mile

shedevll wrote:
I'm not really new to the site but I forgot my old username and haven't been on in some time. I see you doin your thing girl at the track in the 8.50 class in my fav car (GN). I watch you race often, you are doin it!! keep it up!

I drive a c6 vette, right now running in the 11.50 class. My short term goal for the season was to get my 9.99 license. As for long term, I could see myself in an 8.50 car someday, but it seems that day is farrrrrrrrrr away.

nice to meet everyone~!

Hey Shay! I know who you are! We've been watching you race in the 11.50 and you're kickin' ass woman! Congrats on your recent win!! It would be great having another female in the 8.50 so hopefully we'll see you in it one day!

Competitive Wiring
Finelines Autobody
K & S Race Cars

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 pm 
Staged

Hey guys and girls,My names Dave been reading on here for awhile so I figured I would at least say Hi. My home track is atco, Been going there since the 70s when i was a kid with old man Sutton,then started racing with little Dave in the 80s now finally got a car just for racing instead of my hotrod. It's a 70 opel GT tube chassis car with alot of history behind it and I gotta say its a friggin blast, I'm havin the time of my life in this car, its been a long time coming, when I get some pics on this new computer I'll post em. Thanks for listening,Hope to meet some of ya someday.Dave

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:33 am 
Eigth mile

onelowc10 wrote:
Hey guys and girls,My names Dave been reading on here for awhile so I figured I would at least say Hi. My home track is atco, Been going there since the 70s when i was a kid with old man Sutton,then started racing with little Dave in the 80s now finally got a car just for racing instead of my hotrod. It's a 70 opel GT tube chassis car with alot of history behind it and I gotta say its a friggin blast, I'm havin the time of my life in this car, its been a long time coming, when I get some pics on this new computer I'll post em. Thanks for listening,Hope to meet some of ya someday.Dave

Welcome to the site Dave! Looking forward to seeing pics of the Opel!

Competitive Wiring
Finelines Autobody
K & S Race Cars

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next