Schedule for Super Sunday Shootout
Purnell Body Shop AMI
RAM Racing Drag Radial
Liberty's Gears PRO N/A
Outlaw Drag Radial
8:00 Gates/registration open/Tech (All D/R cars to be Head Teched)
9:45 Racer Meeting
10:00 1st Round Qualifying
11:00 2nd Round Qualifying
11:45 Cookout/Car Show Cruise
12:00 1st Round Elims
1:00 2nd Round Elims
1:30 AMI only
2:00 3rd Round Elims/Car Show Awards
3:00 4th Round Elims
3:30 AMI only
4:00 Winners Circle Pics
***All Classes will start and finish together, shorter fields will sit out middle rounds***
Rules for Outlaw 10.5/Outlaw Drag Radial/8.50 Index
1/4th mile racing, all run field
1. 400 Pro Tree Heads Up Racing
A. Naturally Aspirated
i. Small Block 2300 lbs
ii. Big Block 2500 lbs
B. Nitrous Oxide:
i. Small Block 2500 lbs
ii. Big Block 4.840 & 4.900 Bore Center 2700
iii. Big Block 5.00 Bore Center 2800
iiii. Big Block 5.20 Bore Center 2900
C. Turbo Charged and Super Charged
i. Single SB 2700 lbs Big Block 2800 (If larger than 4.900 bore spacing add 100 lbs)
ii. Twin Turbo 3050 lbs (If larger than 4.900 bore spacing add 100 lbs)
iii. Centrifugal Supercharges SB 2700 lbs, BB 2800 lbs(If larger than 4.900 bore spcing add 100lbs)
iiii. Roots Supercharger SB 2700 lbs, BB 2800 lbs(If larger than 4.900 bore spacing add 100lbs)
v. Screw superchargers 3050 lbs (If larger than 4.900 bore spacing add 100 lbs)
vi. 4 & 6 cylinder smaller then 250 cid, alcohol & intercooler permitted, base weight 2300 lbs
3. Back Half Type Cars Only, ALL cars must have mufflers - inserts are NOT considered mufflers
Exhaust must exit at least 12" behind rear of front axle centerline.
4. Front Frame to be original O.E.M. type. (stock front frame rails mandatory) Direct bolt in aftermarket
parts permitted. Firewall must be in the stock location. Engine must remain in front of firewall. Firewall
can not be modified for engine placement.
5. Must be Street appearing, must have stock appearing dash and working lights, one piece fiberglass .
front ends permitted. If you use a one piece fiberglass frontend, it must have lights.
6. Alcohol on NON intercooled cars only.
7. NHRA Pro Ladder.
8. Minimum ground clearance of 3" from the front of the nose to 12" behind centerline of the front axle.
9. Towing will be allowed, you must stop at scales, time slips can be picked up at scales.
10. General Rules: deep staging allowed, but track will not wait for a racer to get deep staged. When both
pre-staged are activated, either side stage light will start a 7-second stage count. Failure to activate stage
bulb within 7 seconds will result in disqualification/timeout. (Starter's decision will be final). Disqualification
will be based on a first or worse situation. Rules on controversial situations will be final at the discretion of
the race director.
11. Head & Neck Restraint - MANDATORY
12. Lower engine containment device (Diaper) - MANDATORY
13. Maximum front overhang 45" From centerline of front spindle.
No car will be allowed to go faster than the chassis is certified for by NHRA Race Directors Decisions on all
matters will be FINAL
RACE DIRECTOR HAS ALL FINAL DECISIONS
1/4th Mile Racing, all run field
1. .400 Pro Tree heads up racing.
2. All NHRA & track safety rules in effect.
3. Factory transmission & converter, OEM stick accepted
4. Base weight 3200 lbs
5. DOT Radial tire - must fit in quarter panel
6. Single type power adders only
7. Stock type front suspension, direct bolt on replacements accepted
8. Stock type rear suspension mandatory
9. Mini Tubs and coil-over's permitted. Must retain stock frame rails, may be notched for tire clearance. Back half cars prohibited, Ladder bars add 100 lbs.
10. NO wheelie Bars
11. Mufflers mandatory
12. Working lights
13. Deduct 400 lbs for Nitrous small blocks
14. Diapers recommended
RACE DIRECTOR HAS ALL FINAL DECISIONS
1/4 mile racing, All run field up to 32 cars
1. .400 Pro tree heads up with 7 second auto start
2. Minimum weight 2800 lbs
3. Courtesy staging advised (NO deep staging allowed)
4. Full bodied street appearing car only - No roadsters, altered, dragsters
5. Lettering allowed on windows only
6. NO full round or square tube chassis
7. Stock style front suspension (bolt on aftermarket part accepted)
8. Tran brake & two step allowed
9. Throttle stop/controllers, delay boxes/devices PROHIBITED
10. Automatic shifters PROHIBITED
11. Car & Driver must meet NHRA & track safety rules
12. Gasoline only No Nitro or Alcohol
13. Max tire size of 33 x 10.5w
Race Director has all final decisions
O/L Drag Radial
Distributor for:DART JESEL Moroso REV Victory1 Manley VP Kestrel
Last edited by Rich Maitre on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.