GoneDragRacing.com

Top Notch Drag Racing Event Coverage Across the Northeast

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7/9/08 Etown PC Richards Summer Motorsports Spectacular
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:25 am 
Pimp Status

WOW what an awesome show E-town put on Wednesday night. Like I'm sure a lot of people were doing judging by the busy signals on the phone lines, I checked at 3PM and the show was a GO. Mother nature was trying to threaten us but besides a tiny little sprinkle early on, we gave her the big :fyou: and the show went on and was a HIT.

On the agenda were Nitro Funny Cars, nostalgic Nitro Funny Cars, a whole bunch of Pro-mods, some 8.50 guys, some quick 8 cars, wheel standers, jet dragsters, jet funny cars, and of course the crowd pleasing monster trucks. Tom Meents was actually piloting Maximum Destruction on Wednesday, and let me tell you, he is one crazy man.. not even touching the brakes before leaping over the cars, then doing a pair of ridiculous donuts by the burnout box, with 2 wheels up in the air! Nuts! To finish it off, Benny the Bomb ( I call him Benny the Crackhead because he is nuts) blew himself up in a car. How old is he by now anyways?? Awesome stuff. Good job to Moody and Walter on the PA... kept the crowd into it for sure.

Anyways, below is a link to the picture galleries. Thanks to Englishtown for hooking us up with access as always. The next event like this is Wednesday, August 6th, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Summer Motorsports Spectacular Photos
Summer Motorsports Spectacular Videos

ok so I know I am rambling, but sometimes at the track taking pictures, there is the one shot you get that makes you feel like you accomplished something that night.. this is the one

Some other samples

GoneDragRacing.com Gallery

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail