GoneDragRacing.com

Top Notch Drag Racing Event Coverage Across the Northeast

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7/11/08 Englishtown 8.50 Index
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:40 am 
Pimp Status

Beautiful night for racing up at E-town tonight... let's get to it

At the top of the qualifying chain, no surprise, TJ "KidKwik" Kasper on point in the first round of qualifying with an 8.507 @ 148.44. 4 cars were within .034 seconds of the 8.50 index, with the other 4 in the field not too far behind at all. But as it turns out like any of these 8.50 races, it's anyones game.

Round 1
KidKwik took on Kenny the Birdman -- Kenny was closer to the 8.50 mark with a 8.594 and TJ put down a 8.637, but the tree cost Kenny and Kidkwik went on to the next round. I wasn't in the right lane but I heard the announcer saying something about flickering staging lights -- might have thrown off these veterans as they are normally snipers on the tree. Jason Penna was on point with a 8.532 putting him closest to the index for all of round one. Adam Sailor and Wiso Melendez also advanced with solid runs and reaction times. Of note was Ali Buscio's pass in round 1, 8.871@152.04, I believe her fastest e/t so far this year (someone please correct if I am wrong)

Round 2
Jason Penna took on Adam Sailor -- both on point at the tree but Jason Penna goes on to the finals in a double breakout situation, with a 8.496 @ 150.65, to Sailor's 8.452@162.25. KidKwik was back on his mark in this round, and he needed it against a tough Wiso Melendez -- TJ putting down a 8.505 @ 148.87 with a .046 r/t, to Wiso's 8.515 @ 159.82 with a .116 light. The stage was set for the finals

Finals
Jason Penna vs TJ Kasper -- this one was down to the wire all the way to the scoreboards! Jason's .018 light sealed the deal, running a 8.550 to KidKwik's 8.520 with a .051 light. While many thought this would be another win for the Kasper team, Penna said none of that tonight :cheers:

You 8.50 racers are a class act.. you may be enemies at the starting line but I sure saw plenty of handshakes going around after eliminations. Thanks to the racers for making the 8.50 races so much fun to watch and follow.. and congratulations to all winners tonight! Thanks again to Raceway Park staff for letting us on site to cover these races, especially Michelle who works her ass off over there. When you guys pick up your trophies and plaques, be sure to also give a big thanks to her as she is who takes care of us and gives us the opportunity to be down with the cars getting shots for you racers.

Links to pictures / videos

Our picture gallery

Will post a link to Dave Milcarek / Steve Bell site when their pics are up.. you can see some real photographs there not the crap that I take for this site

Arnie Cohen's videos of the race

In addition a few of our members were running mean street tonight.. I snapped a few pics of them. They are located in this gallery. Complete and 500x better photos of the mean street guys will be on the E-town photo shop site, I will post when available

GoneDragRacing.com Gallery

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:33 pm 

Post subject: Re: 7/11/08 Englishtown 8.50 Index
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:33 pm 
Staged

UNREAL, YOU GUYS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN...IT'S AMAZING THAT YOU ALL JUMP AROUND FROM TRACK TO TRACK AND COVER SO MANY EVENTS FOR THE RACERS, AND FOR FREE. THANKYOU!!!

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:36 pm 
330ft

iceman, those pics are the best pics i have of my car since its been finished .. thanks a lot i greatly apreciate it and great job on the coverage as always

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:51 pm 
Pimp Status

hey man glad you enjoy ;)

GoneDragRacing.com Gallery

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail