GoneDragRacing.com

Top Notch Drag Racing Event Coverage Across the Northeast

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 9/13/2008 1320X @ Maryland International Raceway
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:00 am 
Pimp Status

I was in the area of Maryland International Raceway this past Saturday for the 1320X race, thought I would go check it out and also I haven't been to MIR before so I figured what the hell. Well let me tell you, this 1320X show was off the HOOK!! The Pritchett boys and Pullin TV put together a great day of racing.

The crowd pleasers are the Outlaw 10.5 and drag radial classes, who did not disappoint and put on a heck of a race. I have to search around and find some results, because as usual, my stupid self forgot to grab the sheets before I left. It was pretty cool seeing THREE qualifying passes for the Outlaw guys. One surprise there was that no time car that came off the trailer and pulled out a 7.8x getting right in the middle of the field. It was anyone's game as to who hooked and made it down the strip. I'll tell you what though, the bracket classes sure brought out a nice field of GREAT looking race cars too!! Wheelstands and sick burnouts all over the place made non-stop racing action that the crowd really got into. Personally I really liked this race as it brought in a different crowd of cars than I am used to, some I have not seen before, so it was a nice change to shoot some new material.

Besides the drag racing, there were live bands playing right next to the staging lanes that were rockin out during the racing down time. Right next to the stage was a car show as well, some pics from the show made it to the gallery.

THANK YOU to Nate & Adam Pritchett for giving us the privilege to cover this race.. you guys are a down to earth, class act, and I enjoy covering the events that you run. Thanks also to Jason and Royce Miller for allowing us on the starting line, on the roof, you name it.. It was my first trip to MIR and certainly will not be my last after seeing how you guys treat everyone down there. Also thanks to Jimmy & Ray for letting me sit around in the AC up in the suite, I needed that !! Thanks to Rockin' Rob on the PA for the kind words about the site

Pics are from the beginning of the day through the first round of eliminations.. after that I had to hit the road. As always I need comments and criticism to figure out what's working / what sucks so please don't be shy.

As always you should visit http://www.1320x.com for more in depth coverage including more photos and VIDEOS!!!!

9/13/2008 MIR 1320X Race Pictures
Eliminations Results

a small sampling!

GoneDragRacing.com Gallery

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 am 

Post subject: Re: 9/13/2008 1320X @ Maryland International Raceway
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 am 
60ft

Great Pics as always Seth...and thanks for the kind words.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:21 pm 
60ft

Nice pitures Seth. Without that A/C in that suite, I wouldn't have made it. Who thinks of mid 90's in mid Sept. It was HOT and Sunday was worse.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:35 am 
Pimp Status

Results link posted!

7DMACH1 wrote:
Nice pitures Seth. Without that A/C in that suite, I wouldn't have made it. Who thinks of mid 90's in mid Sept. It was HOT and Sunday was worse.

Yeah man.. brutal!!!! Only E-town and MIR have the rockin AC :)

GoneDragRacing.com Gallery

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail