GoneDragRacing.com

Top Notch Drag Racing Event Coverage Across the Northeast

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: True Street Nationals 2010.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:15 am 
Pimp Status

Guys,

This is a discussion based around the idea of having a true street nationals. The initial idea for an event would be the standard 30 mile (true 30 miles) cruise followed by 3 passes for average. Cars must be Registered, Insured and tagged. No dealer stuff. No lexan windows. Must have lights, horn, turn signals. The cruise will be STRICT. Fall behind the trailing car (Leaves 10 min after initial feild leaves), and you are out. No questions. I would like to solicate some sponsors to step up and provide a respectable purse ($500 at least) for all of the average time winners between 9.0 through 13.0.

Taking a page from the Milan MI playbook. I would also like to do a heads up bracket for everyone faster than 9.0 average. Accordingly, I would like to have a payout somewhere in the neighborhood of $2000 and $1000 for 1st and second.

Just to be clear that would mean potentially having to drive 30 miles. Complete 3 passes. Then run in the bracket that could be an additional 3 passes? to win. You would be allowed to refuel after your first three qualifying passes and check the car over for saftey concerns.

Rules to be discussed here as well. I ill discuss the event options with Atco, E-town, and Cecil to see who offers the best payback as to help with the purses.

Thoughts???

KOP prove me wrong :)

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:09 pm 

Post subject: Re: True Street Nationals 2010.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:09 pm 
330ft

I am not a real fan of the true street concept but you pay that much to do it and I will

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:58 pm 
Renting Helmet

mike wrote:
Guys,

This is a discussion based around the idea of having a true street nationals. The initial idea for an event would be the standard 30 mile (true 30 miles) cruise followed by 3 passes for average. Cars must be Registered, Insured and tagged. No dealer stuff. No lexan windows. Must have lights, horn, turn signals. The cruise will be STRICT. Fall behind the trailing car (Leaves 10 min after initial feild leaves), and you are out. No questions. I would like to solicate some sponsors to step up and provide a respectable purse ($500 at least) for all of the average time winners between 9.0 through 13.0.

Taking a page from the Milan MI playbook. I would also like to do a heads up bracket for everyone faster than 9.0 average. Accordingly, I would like to have a payout somewhere in the neighborhood of $2000 and $1000 for 1st and second.

Just to be clear that would mean potentially having to drive 30 miles. Complete 3 passes. Then run in the bracket that could be an additional 3 passes? to win. You would be allowed to refuel after your first three qualifying passes and check the car over for saftey concerns.

Rules to be discussed here as well. I ill discuss the event options with Atco, E-town, and Cecil to see who offers the best payback as to help with the purses.

Thoughts???

I like the idea, I'd change a couple of things...................I'd make it a Q8 or a Q16--just not sure how many sub 9 second cars would show. Hold it a little further west--O.K. maybe that's just me being selfish ;) Sounds like exactly what we all want to happen with NMCA. Keep us informed.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 pm 
330ft

sounds like what we want from nmca but the class average payouts are gonna be too high mike- keep them at 100 bucks and trophy/plaque and make the overall win have a nice 1-2K payout -but with the existing TS format races its going to be rough to get the sponsor/turnout. Just bring back the ironman race with its before + after drive that was a cool race! Hit me up in pm's though and im sure we can figure something out for 2010- :devil:

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 pm 
Pimp Status

paxtonpwr wrote:
sounds like what we want from nmca but the class average payouts are gonna be too high mike- keep them at 100 bucks and trophy/plaque and make the overall win have a nice 1-2K payout -but with the existing TS format races its going to be rough to get the sponsor/turnout. Just bring back the ironman race with its before + after drive that was a cool race! Hit me up in pm's though and im sure we can figure something out for 2010- :devil:

True, we would be banking on multiple 8 sec cars showing up and completeing the cruise plus passes. Would be a huge let down to not be able to run the bracket at the end because noone finished or only one person ran in the 8's.

What about $$$ for the 10-13 avg winners, and run everyonefaster than 9's in a heads up bracket.

I think the ironman race and this race are two different things but both just as cool. They should be seperate but I am down to help organize that one as well.

My suggestion is lets stick to a true street formula with a heads up race for the fastest 8 cars like Pax said. Money should be $2K to win, 1K to place. $200 payouts to the average winners. Or if there is enough, $500 to 10.0, $400 to 11.0 etc.....

KOP prove me wrong :)

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:48 am 
330ft

I would be into that. Sounds like a fun time.
Greg

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:52 pm 
Quarter mile

i'd show up for something like that if theres a 12.0 or 11.50

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 pm 
Renting Helmet

Don Barnett leaves the boost up, shoots down the track with a 5.164 @ 139.43 pass to take the win against Rich Bruder. Andrew Willingham get a broke bye over Steve Drummond, again Willingham does not make it down quickly, he'll go work on the tune as well. Mike Thompson upsets #1 qualifier Chris Evans as Big Green spins. Thompson's 5.324 puts him into the semis! Finishing up round 2 is Dan Whetstine and Jeff Kinsler. Whetstine goes on to a 6.010 to take the win.
:nopity: :nopity: :cheers:

------------------------

Longchamp Sac Pas Cher

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail